Woodrow Wilson High School – Dallas Independent School District
DAL-TECH oversaw the professional land survey services required for the preparation of a Texas Society of Professional Land Surveyor’s “Manual of Practice for Land Surveying in the State of Texas” Category 1A boundary survey, as well as topographic and platting services for the eighteen acre Woodrow Wilson High School campus.
Woodrow Wilson High School, whose structure has been designated as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark by the Texas Historical Commission., opened in the late 1920’s on property obtained by the City of Dallas. The campus has expanded several times, encompassing raw acreage, platted lots, alleys and roadways, and in its present configuration, now also includes J.L. Long Middle School.
This intricate boundary reconstruction was met with numerous challenges, none more than the absence of any recoverable monuments along the schools continuous boundary. DAL-TECH conducted a comprehensive review of chains of title, reconstruction of early 1900’s adjacent plats and exhaustive research at the City of Dallas Survey Vault. This approach allowed for DAL-TECH’s recovery of sufficient monumentation to reconstruct all of the existing roadway dedications that established the perimeter of the school site. During the course of completing this thorough reconstruction, DAL-TECH identified incorrect assumptions of previous surveyors and mis-indentfication of right-of-way limits along the way.